Prerequisites for Admission
In accordance with Florida Statute 467 (F.S.467) & HSM Policies, prior to enrollment, prospective students need to:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Hold a high school diploma or GED
- Have taken and received a passing grade in a college-level Math worth 3 credits AND a college-level English class worth 3 credits OR
- Demonstrate competency by passing the College Level Equivalent Proficiency (CLEP). A minimum score of 45 is required for both the Math and English sections.
- Obtain professional-level CPR and NRP certification
*All program credits, clock hours, tuition, and fees are subject to change.
Application and Enrollment
Prospective students must:
- Submit a completed application including the following:
- Birth Certificate or Driver’s License.
- High School and College transcripts.
- Current (as of the first day of school) NRP and CPR certifications.
- Immunization records or signed immunization waiver.
- Current physical health form (including a request for any disability accommodations).
- Typed 600-700 word essay titled “Why I Want to be a Midwife”.
- Submit 1 Professional and 2 personal reference letters
- Submit a $150 application fee (non-refundable).
- Complete an interview with our admissions committee.
The practice of midwifery is very rewarding, but also rigorous and time-intensive. The application and interview process is designed to help prospective students evaluate their own ability and dedication to becoming a midwife. HSM treats all applicants and students fairly.
Upon acceptance, students must submit a $100 enrollment fee. New students will talk with the Clinical Coordinator to start the clinical placement process. One week before classes begin, there will be a mandatory new student orientation.
If you would like more information about applying to Heritage School of Midwifery, send an email to our Administrative Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transferability of Credits
Students who have already earned credits at another institution may request a credit transfer review at least 3 weeks prior to registering for courses. The student will need to submit a Credit Transfer Review form, syllabi and official transcripts showing the credits earned to the Academic Director. The course descriptions and syllabi will be evaluated to determine whether the credits are similar enough to be transferred. Students must have a grade of C or higher to qualify for transferred credit. Students will be notified of credit transferability at least one week prior to the beginning of classes.
As per Florida law, transferred credit cannot shorten the time at HSM to less than 2 years. The maximum number of credits that can be transferred is 45.
Students transferring from HSM to another institution must check with that institution to determine credit transferability.
HSM Discrimination Policy
The Heritage School of Midwifery and Natural Health Sciences (HSM) does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national and ethnic origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation; HSM grants to all the activities, privileges, programs and rights generally accorded or made available to any members of the organization.
For a Complete Student Catalog Explaining our Program Click Below
If your prerequisites are complete and you are ready to apply for admission click the button below to apply.